International Women’s Day is held on March 8th every year. It’s a day when we celebrate the amazing social, cultural, economic and professional achievements of women – while also campaigning for greater progress towards gender equality. Start-up culture has picked up a fast pace in the last 5 years and women seems to be taking a lead in this culture too. Women entrepreneurs have turned their ideas into a reality and then onto a successful business. Women have proven in the past that they can provide wings to a business with their ideas. Here are the top 5 events which will celebrate the success of Women entrepreneurs.
1. Aarambh 2020 (Supporting Women Entrepreneurs): The event is a business competition organized by Shiprocket which will focus on “Small Women Entrepreneurs” by providing them a stage where they can showcase their ideas and grab a chance to turn them into a reality. There is a money prize of Rs. 300,000 and the winner will take away all the money with an opportunity to be mentored by seasoned entrepreneurs.
Date & Time: 6th March, 2020 (3PM to 7PM)
Venue: 91 Springboard, NH8 Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon
2. Women’s Entrepreneur Awards 2020: Effatha Charity Watch has collaborated with AWAKE to conduct the Women’s Entrepreneur Awards 2020, to empower women of small and medium scale industries. Association of Women Entrepreneurs of Karnataka has raised a platform to recognize, support and encourage the Wonder Women of Karnataka’s micro, small and medium scale industries.
Date & Time: 19th March, 2020 (3PM)
Venue: Kassia, 2/106, 17th Cross, Magadi Chord Road, Vijayanagar, Bangalore, India 560 040, Bangalore, India
3. Makers India Conference (Women who make India): The MAKERS Conference is a global leadership event that brings together more than 600 of the most powerful names in business, entertainment, tech and finance to explore ways to accelerate women’s equality. Each year, this three-day experience provides the inspiration that moves people to action via provocative conversations, compelling storytelling and onstage pledges to advance change.
Date & Time: 13-14th March, 2020 (10AM – 5:30PM)
Venue: Bengaluru, India
4. Jatra 2020 (Exclusive Exhibition): Celebrate International Women’s Day with Jatra! Like every year, JATRA are delighted to organize a 3 day exhibition cum sale exclusively for the women entrepreneurs. Through this exhibition, they look forward to empower and encourage women entrepreneurs through business activity.
Date & Time: 6-8th March, 2020 (12 Noon)
Venue: Wanowrie, wanowrie. PUNE, Pune, Maharashtra 411040, Pune, India
5. Gurgaon Women’s Lounge: Gurgaon Women’s Lounge is a Networking Forum for Woman Entrepreneurs from all walks of life. It’s a Membership Group where they nurture and support every Brand. Gurgaon Women’s Lounge celebrates International Women’s Day in a Grand way! A day full of informative panel discussions, a good dose of fun, food and drinks. It is going to be a day to celebrate womanhood. A day to learn, inspire, lead and spread your wings. Block your dates, coz this is going to be one event you wouldn’t want to miss!
Date & Venue: 8th March (10:30 AM)
Venue: Le Meridien, Gurgaon