The lush land of Southeast Asia beckons globetrotters from all corners of the world. Picturesque hill stations and verdant valleys, mighty volcanoes and luxuriant rainforests, golden beaches and gorgeous islands, cities alive with urban chaos and cities redolent with spirituality, diverse culture and a myriad delectable cuisines makes Southeast Asia a treasure trove for any traveler. Are you a solo traveler? Find a no strings attached travel companion for your trip.
Find a like-minded traveler on XOXO Tours and set out on a savoury mission to unravel the treasures offered by the rich land of Southeast Asia. Having said that, here’s 6 quintessential destinations that you must visit:
1. Alleppey, Kerala: Alleppey is a city in the Laccadive Sea in the South-Indian State of Kerala. Known for its houseboat cruises in Kerala’s famous backwaters, lagoons and a wide network of canals, gorgeous Alleppey is known as the ‘Venice of the East’. Tranquil beaches, beautiful backwaters and verdant paddy fields makes it a tiny paradise tucked calmly in the lap of the rich land of Kerala.
2. Boracay, Philippines: A small, scenic island in Central Philippines, Boracay is loved by tourists and for all the right reasons. White Beach along the west coast is adorned with palm trees, hotels, resorts and bars. Strong winds in the Bulabog Beach on the east coast make it the hub of water sports. Hop onto for a romantic evening with your travel buddy here.
3. Don Det, Laos: Don Det, a pretty island in the heart of Mekong River in Laos, is the perfect destination for a leisurely vacation with a charming travel companion. Saunter down the tranquil beaches and chill in a hammock. Wooden decks laid in front of bars and restaurants are a great place to get chatty with the amicable locals. Rent a tube and float on the Mekong River.
4. Singapore: It is a paradise for foodies and shopaholics. Singapore is one of the best place to explore or go on a travel date in Southeast Asia. Get spiritual marvelling at the temples in Chinatown before you grab a sumptuous Chinese dainty, go on a shopping frenzy in Orchard Road, treat yourself to a dose of luxury in Marina Bay and enjoy the sunset sitting by the Merlion.
5. Pai, Thailand: A super aesthetic town in the Valley of Pai River, Pai is all about picture-perfect mountain scenery. This cozy town is decorated by picturesque gorges, roaring waterfalls and sublime hot springs. The Pai Walking Street is lined with colourful food and handicraft stalls. Bond over hiking sessions and awe-inspiring valley views in Pai Canyon with your travel date.
6. Siem Reap, Cambodia: Siem Read is a picturesque resort town in northwest Cambodia, studded with the ancient ruins of the Angkor Wat. Tourists often visit Siem Reap for its temples of architectural beauty. But still there’s a lot a to do when you’ve run out of all the temples. A variety of cuisines, sumptuous spas, chic restaurants are sure to keep you busy in Siem Reap.
Book your tickets now! But first, connect with a like-minded traveler!