Future Learn is a British digital education platform founded in December 2012 by Simon nelson. The Company is conjunctively owned by The Open University and SEEK LTD. It is the fourth largest MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) platform after Coursera, edX, and Udacity.
Simon nelson started The Company with12 UK Open University Partners and SEEK Ltd.
- The 12 founding partners are: The Open University, University of Birmingham, University of Bristol, Cardiff University, University of East Anglia, University of Exeter, King’s College London, Lancaster University, University of Leeds, University of Southampton, St Andrews University, and University of Warwick.
- SEEK is the group of the Companies that have a purpose to help people live more Productive working life.
- According to FutureLearn’s Announcement, In 2019 SEEK Ltd. was Invested £50 million in the Company, in return, Seek was received a 50% Stake in the Company.
According to The Financial Times (British Daily Newspaper) the Future Learn is thefirst platform to enable students to earn credits towards a degree from the top UK University from their Digital Technology (Tablet, Smartphone Laptop etc.) 2016.
Subjects and Courses
Future Learn provides alot of subjects to learn and to the Treasures of Knowledge, and provides many Courses to learn and Programmes and Degree also.
The Services they Provides…
- Learn new skills with flexible online course.
- Choose from hundreds of online courses from top universities and specialist organisations.
- Upskill with a series of specialist courses.
- Expert Tracks will help you master new skills in a specialist area. Subscribe to a series of in-depth courses and build practical expertise alongside top universities and industry leaders. Earn a digital certificate and showcase your new skills to employers.
Micro credentials and programs
- Earn Professional or specialist courses.
- Microcredentials and programs allow you to pursue further study in a specialised field. Created or accredited by leading universities, microcredentials are professional credentials designed for you to build in-demand career skills. Programs allow you to deepen your understanding of a subject, with the opportunity to earn a professional or academic credential.
- Study flexibly online as you builds to a degree.
- Learn flexibly with online degree courses created by leading universities. From undergraduate to postgraduate, make degree-level learning work for you.
Future Learn has a wide range of subjects Courses to learn. The first course opened at 14th October 2013.
The Subjects and Courses the Provides…
- Business and Management
- Creative Arts and Media
- Healthcare and Medicine
- IT and Computer Science
- Nature and Environment
- Politics and Society
- Psychology and Mental Health
- Science, Engineering and maths
- Study skills
And Many Other Sub branches Courses, The first course to launch was “The secret power of brands”, conducted by professor Robert Jones of the University of East Anglia.
In April 2017, Future Learn blocked their courses for users in Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea and Syria as a result of US sanctions on those territories. These restrictions were lifted in November 2017.
More details about FutureLearn Start up:
Name of Startup: FutureLearn
Type of Start up: Educational
Founder: Simon Nelson
Owners: The Open University, SEEK Ltd.
Launch Date: December, 2012
Web site: www.futurelearn.com
Location: Camden, London