We are publishing an interview of Mr. Devender Kumar Mittal – Founder, Prima Nature Care.
About the founders
Mr. Mittal belongs to Hissar (Haryana) completed his studies from Nainital ,BITS Pilani, DAV College Hissar. He started business of Ferrous Alloys in Gwalior, Textile Mill in Hissar, Steel fabrication for pre-fabricated Houses in J&K, for last 30 Years Import / Export Business, Gold & Diamond Merchant. Prima Nature Care was established on 23th October, 2008 after extensive research on Seabuckthorn.
Why did you choose Seabuckthorn for Prima Nature Care Products?
Seabuckthorn plant is found in Leh ladakh and can survive the harsh conditions like -40 degree celceius to +40 degree celceius. After 22 years of research it has been found that it contains many medicinal values. Seabuckthorn is the only source of Omega 7.
Seabuckthorn is rich in various Vitamins, Minerals, beneficial Plant compounds. It is full of antioxidants, which help protect your body against aging and illness like Cancer, AIDS and Heart Disease.
Seabuckthorn berries boast potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron and phosphorus. They also contain good amount of Folate, biotin and Vitamins B1, B2, B6, C and E(9,10,11). It contains mono and polyunstaurated fat, which are two types of healthy fats. This is the only source of all four Omega Fatty acids, i.e Omega 3, Omega, 6, Omega 7, Omega 9.
Sea buckthorn leaves and flowers are used for treating arthritis, gastrointestinal ulcers, gout, and skin rashes caused by infectious diseases such as measles. A tea containing sea buckthorn leaves is used as a source of vitamins, antioxidants, protein building blocks (amino acids), fatty acids and minerals; for improving blood pressure and lowering cholesterol; preventing and controlling blood vessel diseases; and boosting immunity. Sea buckthorn berries are used for preventing infections, improving sight, and slowing the aging process.
What is the uniqueness about your Startup?
Nowadays, giant marketplaces are selling everything (not any specialization) & flooding the markets with more than 100% cash back, impractical discounts & what not. At primanature.in we strictly focus on health & immunity related products, especially ayurvedic & organic products. We are also incorporating Seabuckthorn basis LehBerry products & revolutionary health care products on our portal, it not only hikes the standards but also give us the monopoly in the market. Honestly speaking everyone is our competitor in any of the ways, but still we focus ourselves on the mission we have been working on.
What is the problem you are trying to solve? Can you share with us any insights that led you to believe that this is a big enough problem?
Motivation & Association from Professor & Dr. GP Dubey from BHU, it took more than 20 years to do the R&D of Seabuckthorn, and got it patent in USA, Germany Australia, France, and other European countries. Our vision is to solve the common problem of BP, Diabetes, Obesity, Memory Loss, Immunity, Liver, Arthritis, etc. around the world with our energy booster supplements made of Seabuckthorn.
Who in your mind is your ideal customer?
Each and every person who is desirous to maintain and improve his immunity system and live a healthy life.
How did you get your first customer?
Marketing by the team of medical representatives and mouth to mouth marketing.
Who do you perceive as Your Competition?
There is no competition because we have unique products
Who are the consumers that you are targeting? How is this going to affect them?
As we deal in Health & Wellness, our target audience is everyone. We deal in Healthcare, Wellness, Personal care & Organic products. We also deal in Fitness, health and skin care products, we deal in each and every segment of Health.
What would be your goal to accomplish in the next six months?
To reach maximum people not to maximize our profit but for the growth of the health of the maximum people.
What is the big picture of your startup? Will it lead to something bigger?
We are very much focused and dedicated towards expansion of our business & towards the same we are going to start the process of fund generation from the market & financial institutions. Our strategy is to sync the existing health segment & became the biggest platform for selling the health & skin care products in India. Further we want to open our storefronts for offline market by the mid of 2020. We are also trying our best to start manufacturing of Seabuckthorn basis medicines.
What message do you want to convey to fellow entrepreneurs?
Sure. I would like to convey:
- Challenge yourself: Richard Branson says his biggest motivation is to keep challenging himself. He treats life like one long university education, where he can learn more every day. You can too!
- Do work you care about: There’s no doubt that running a business take a lot of time. Noted that the only way to be satisfied in your life is to do work that you truly believe in.
- Take the risk: We never know the outcome of our efforts unless we actually do it, and do not regret failure, but you would regret not trying.
- Believe in yourself: As famously said, “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t, you’re right.” Believe that you can succeed, and you’ll find ways through different obstacles. If you don’t, you’ll just find excuses.
- Have a vision: An Entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a desire to create it. Keep your vision clear at all times.
- Spend wisely: When you spend money on your business, be careful to spend it wisely. It’s easy to spend too much on foolish things and run out of capital too soon.
- Learn from complaints: Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. Let unhappy customers teach you where the holes in your service are.
- Ask for customers’ input: Assuming what customers want or need will never lead to success. You must ask them directly, and then carefully listen to what they say.
- Plan for raising capital: “It’s almost always harder to raise capital than you thought it would be, and it always takes longer. So plan for that.”
- Know your goals: Set goals and remind yourself of them each day.
Thank you Mr. Mittal. Best wishes for your venture.