Bengaluru | 1st June 2020: Digit Insurance, one of the fastest-growing general insurance company in India, has upped its processes to settle claims received from the disaster caused by the super cyclone Amphan in West Bengal, Odisha and neighbouring states.
Steps taken by Digit
- Digit has appointed 3 Nodal officers to supervise and coordinate the entire operation
- All helpline numbers and point of contacts are highlighted on the website and also on the different social media platforms
- Digit is keeping the customers who have claimed regularly updated through emails and SMSs.
- Digit’s helplines are available 24*7 to register claims related to damage in Amphan
- To tackle the Coronavirus scare, Digit is offering a complete Zero-touch claims process to customers with a seamless online experience.
- In case of a total loss which requires a manual surveyor, Digit is keeping the customer updated on when the claim can be taken up.
Digit’s Zero-Touch Claims Process is completely digital and paperless with Audio Claims which removes the need to fill any forms, no hardcopies needed to be sent for claim proofs, and a smartphone-enabled self-inspection app that helps customers inspect their vehicles themselves. Plus, the use of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Image Analytics helps Digit in approvals/processing of the claims post inspection and therefore fastening the overall claims settlement process for products like motor.
Kamesh Goyal, Founder & Chairman, Digit Insurance, said, “We are deeply saddened for those affected by the calamity. We will be available to the affected customers 24*7 and will aim to simplify the process for claims as much as possible for people.”
The super cyclone Amphan has destroyed almost 1 lakh houses, affected over 1 crore people and claimed 72 lives in West Bengal and Odisha. In such times, the regulator has issued the directives to insurers, so customers get faster claim settlements. Digit Insurance as a response has taken swift actions to abide by the same and help its customers.