28th January 2021: Taking into account that the pandemic has brought plenty of momentum for Edtech adoption in India, the market size of Edtech in India is estimated to grow 3.7x in the next five years, from $2.8 Bn (2020) to $10.4 Bn (2025). In terms of total global expenditure, Edtech is growing at 16.3% and will grow 2.5x from 2019 – 2025.
To support the above, Edtech ecosystem stakeholders are working diligently by bringing these ideas into the open in the form of summits and programmes. Among those stakeholders is UIncept Global Accelerator. Since its inception, the accelerator has worked with over 40 startups (mostly Edtech) and has helped them raise funds and scale.
To amplify the message of creating future-proof Edtech businesses post Covid & continue the legacy of showcasing the young entrepreneurs, UIncept recently-launched iXi Summit 2021 with AWS EdStart , which is to be held on a virtual platform on February 4-5. AWS EdStart is a startup accelerator by Amazon Web Services for entrepreneurs building next generation online learning, analytics, and campus management solutions in the cloud.
A two-day summit, iXi stands for ‘Ideas meet Investment’ and aims to bring entrepreneurs, Investors, Mentors and Policy-makers together to help re-start the startup agenda post covid.
iXi summit 2021 is bringing many startups, Edtech CXOs, mentors, subject experts to the summit to help unearth new ideas. Through the summit, UIncept is enabling startups from across the globe to counter issues such as attracting the right investors, obtaining mentorship, understanding the right approach to enter the market and more.
“Fueled by the pandemic, India’s edtech segment has seen a massive uptick in demand in 2020. As an accelerator, it becomes our duty to support the young Edtech Startups globally and create a community by Edtech entrepreneurs for Edtech entrepreneurs.” – Manish Gupta, Founder and chief mentor, UIncept
Why iXi Summit 2021 Matters For Startups
The iXi summit provides Startups with a platform to interact with successful entrepreneurs, learn from their experiences, understand the dynamics of scaling up and more. Over the course of the two-day summit, UIncept is hosting Workshops, Panel Discussions and more to help Edtech entrepreneurs understand the reality of the market and the Investment scenario.
Building A Future-Proof Edtech Business
The summit is hosting various workshops to help entrepreneurs understand a plethora of aspects of building a scalable business. These include topics such as:
- Edtech Business Challenge: High Cost of Customer Challenge
- National Education Policy 2020, what is it there for Edtech sector?
- Businesses Creating Personalised Learning Paths & more.
Women In Edtech Microcommunities
To boost the participation of women in the startup ecosystem, the accelerator is hosting a panel discussion—Role of Women in Evolving Edtech Micro-communities
Other Panel Discussions
Right from recognizing the role of focused mentorship programs by Accelerators and understanding what investors are seeking to invest in an Edtech venture, iXi Summit 2021 has covered it all.
Other Perks And Opportunities For Startups
- Potential of investment by the panel of Investors and Funds.
- Finding the right mentors to scale up business ideas.
- Networking with other startups and entrepreneurs across geographies.
- Access to UIncept Accelerator’s network of mentors, investors and startups.
The Who’s Who Of The Startup World?
Among the confirmed attendees of the iXi summit are many prominent names from the startup ecosystem, joining the UIncept team as speakers and investors.
Speakers at The Summit:
- Shreyasi Singh, Harappa Education
- Upneet Grover, GetMyUNI
- John Gamba, Catalyst Penn GSE
- Majid Mneymneh, Pearson Middle East
- Michael Foreshaw, Edtech Impact
- Gouri Gupta, Central Square Foundation
Investors at The Summit:
- Dhianu Das, Alfa Ventures
- Vikram Gupta, IvyCap Ventures
- Manish Johari, Lead Angels
- Rahul Dronamraju, Hunch Ventures
- Shiva Shanker, Ankur Capital
- Vinod Keni, Artha Venture Fund
“With virtual being the ‘new’ normal the scale is much bigger this year and we are reaching to every possible Edtech Startups, Investors and Entrepreneurs from across the globe for the second innings of IXI Summit,” added Divvya Guptaa, CEO, UIncept.
IXI Summit Hackathon And Investor Pitch
For hackathons, the theme is Edtech & Skilling. Open to all startups (including students and early-stage startups), UIncept and its portfolio company Precisely will be choosing the participants of the hackathon based on their problem-solving techniques, the composition of their teams, previous development experiences and more. Interesting prizes for the winners.
UIncept is organising virtual Investor Pitch for Edtech Startups aiming at investments or mentor ship to accelerate their growth. The applications are invited from:
1. Budding Edtech entrepreneurs who have already worked on their business ideas. These can be from school or college level as well.
2. Edtech startups who already have their MVP in place and want to scale up and learn from successful entrepreneurs. These startups need to have some good tractions/paying customers and revenue on their books. The last date for registering for the iXi summit is January 31st, apply now before all the slots are booked.