Launched in 2017, Zero Gravity Aesthetics is an import house that offers the best solutions for everything related to hair care, skin care, beauty, and wellness. The Gurgaon-based company is committed to delivering 100% on authenticity, safety and efficiency of the products and services it offers. By providing perfect and reliable solution, and instilling confidence in end-consumers, Zero Gravity aims to change the perception of beauty. The brand ensures that the products are chemical free and ensures the ingredients of the products are ecofriendly. It has emerged as a much-needed disruption in the beauty market, which is paradoxically overflowing with toxic products that have been duping people with bogus promises of instant results. Coming to the aid of customers who had been misled till now, Zero Gravity brings leading international hair care and skin care brands to the Indian market and provides unadulterated, FDA (the US Food and Drug Administration) approved and cruelty-free products. Harpreet Singh & Saania Singh are the founders. We are publishing an interview with Ms. Saania Singh:
Q.: Please tell us about the founders
- I always looked up to my Father and Uncle as my mentors who were into business.
- Being an avid viewer of beauty blogs, peaked my interest about the source/procurement of the products used led to the inception of my startup.
- We are an import house that is currently dealing with skin-care, hair-care & colour cosmetics.
- We are a team skilled marketing & sales professionals with a keen interest in not just Trading but Brand Establishment as well.
- My father takes care of the approvals and legal aspects of the startup& taking care of legalities , ensuring the necessary approvals have been granted for smooth flow of trade & my key responsibility lie in maintaining the overall health of the company . So my responsibility starts from finalising the brand & then setting the terms of trade with the brand . Then completing documentation. Then the second aspect of launching the brand in the market begins – from where the delegation of duty happens.
Q.: What is the problem you are trying to solve?
Ans: Problems are other import houses, wholesalers & E-Com retailers selling counterfeit low quality products. That are not just harmful but also there authenticity & quality can’t be vouched for.
Q.: Tell us about the Product / Solution. Explain how you went about the Product-Market Fit Process.
Ans: With the increase in hair fall/ hair breakage problems with in women of the country due to multiple factors ranging from pollution to nutrient deficiency , we wanted to get a product to the country that can be used on the scalp to wash away all the hair woes.
Q.: What is your USP?
● We offer customized business plan to each brand in order to establish them in indian market.
● We believe as an import house our job is to generate recurring clients in both B2B & B2C sector.
● We opt for brands that are high quality safe, effective and diversity sensitive.
● We try to leave a positive impact on the society by providing chemical free organic products that are high quality, also we try to create a safe working environment considering 75% of the workforce consist of females.
Q.: What were your assumptions when you entered the market, learnings that you have? Who in your mind is your ideal customer? Do you have atleast one of them signed up?
• Considering the diversified nature of our products (Brands), we deal with both segments of the market. i.e. B2B & B2C.
• For B2B – We have a team of Sales Executives in multiple locations that creates a functional network of Distributors & Stockist who further introduce our products to multiple salons.
• For B2C – We have our own selling portal (www.zerogravityindia.co.in) and various online platforms like Amazon , Nykaa & Nykaa Pro & Flipkart etc wherein we engage with end users.
Q.: What has been your biggest failure as an entrepreneur and what did you learn from it??
Ans: As an import house we deal with multiple brands that have distinct use & clientele ,no two brands are of similar nature. Thus we eventually had to acknowledge that every brand will have customized requirements & needs which will need personalized solutions. So there can never be one correct set of system & processes that will help. We were mistaking products to be the business where in the business is to create repetitive customers who are interested in the next product that import house has to offer.
Q.: How did you get your first customer?
Ans: We got our first customer for the Perfectio+ on our own selling portal (https://www.zerogravityindia.co.in/) and this was a week after the website went live.
Q.: List all the names of the core Team Members, along with their Designated Roles.
Ans: Core Team Members are Ravneet Singh & Rashika Singh both are highly skilled in terms of marketing and also analyse the brands added carefully to choose the right set of local marketing tools that will make the sales easier.
Q.: What would be your goal to accomplish in the next six months?
Ans: Our future plans for the company or how we see the company six months down the line are pretty simple . We wish to emerge as an Import / Beauty House that has largely contributed to Indian Beauty Market by bringing in safe , genuine , authentic & effective beauty brands to the country . We genuinely believe the women of India deserves nothing but the best for themselves . We wish to change the way the Indian Beauty Market is perceived because of same inferior quality &toxic products brought in by small time players by replacing them with high quality products . Also to establish the ONC product line in Indian market , launch of it’s first product is already done.
Q.: What message do you want to convey to fellow entrepreneurs?
Ans: Persistence and Industry reading is key to establishment.
Thanks Saania. Best wishes!