– Einstein GPT harnesses generative AI to create personalized content across all Salesforce clouds, enhancing employee productivity and elevating the customer experience.
– Its openness and extensibility allow for the support of both public and private AI models tailored for CRM and trained on trusted real-time data.
– Integration with OpenAI provides out-of-the-box generative AI capabilities for Salesforce customers.
– Moreover, the ChatGPT app for Slack integrates advanced AI technology from OpenAI, enabling instant conversation summaries, research tools, and writing assistance. Finally, Salesforce Ventures’ Generative AI Fund, valued at $250 million, will reinforce the startup ecosystem and encourage responsible development of generative AI.
Salesforce has introduced Einstein GPT, a revolutionary generative AI CRM technology that generates AI-based content across every interaction in sales, service, marketing, commerce, and IT at hyper-scale. The deployment of Einstein GPT will enable Salesforce to revolutionize the customer experience with generative AI, using a blend of Salesforce’s proprietary AI models, generative AI technology from partner ecosystems, and real-time data from Salesforce Data Cloud, which unifies all customer data into a single repository.
With Einstein GPT, customers can link their data to OpenAI’s cutting-edge AI models or select their external models and utilize natural language prompts in their Salesforce CRM to generate content that adapts to ever-changing customer information and needs in real-time.
Einstein GPT can automatically create personalized emails for sales reps to send to clients, generate targeted responses for customer service experts to answer queries quickly, generate tailored content for marketers to boost campaign response rates, and even auto-generate code for developers.
“The world is experiencing one of the most profound technological shifts with the rise of real-time technologies and generative AI. This comes at a pivotal moment as every company is focused on connecting with their customers in more intelligent, automated and personalized ways,” said Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce. “Einstein GPT, in combination with our Data Cloud and integrated in all of our clouds as well as Tableau, MuleSoft and Slack, is another way we are opening the door to the AI future for all our customers, and we’ll be integrating with OpenAI at launch.”
Integration with OpenAI: Salesforce is combining OpenAI’s enterprise-grade ChatGPT technology with Salesforce’s private AI models to deliver relevant and trusted AI-generated content.
“We’re excited to apply the power of OpenAI’s technology to CRM,” said Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI. “This will allow more people to benefit from this technology, and it allows us to learn more about real-world usage, which is critical to the responsible development and deployment of AI — a belief that Salesforce shares with us.”
$250 Million Generative AI Fund from Salesforce Ventures: Salesforce also announced a Generative AI Fund from Salesforce Ventures, the company’s global investment arm. The new $250 million fund will invest in high-potential startups, bolster the ecosystem, and spark the development of responsible, trusted, and generative AI.
Go Deeper: Einstein GPT in CRM
Einstein GPT is the next generation of Einstein, Salesforce’s AI technology that currently delivers more than 200 billion AI-powered predictions per day across Customer 360. And by combining proprietary Einstein AI models with ChatGPT or other leading large language models, customers can use natural-language prompts on CRM data to trigger powerful, time-saving automations, and create personalized, AI-generated content. Launching today are:
- Einstein GPT for Sales: Auto-generate sales tasks like composing emails, scheduling meetings, and preparing for the next interaction.
- Einstein GPT for Service: Generate knowledge articles from past case notes. Auto-generate personalized agent chat replies to increase customer satisfaction through personalized and expedited service interactions.
- Einstein GPT for Marketing: Dynamically generate personalized content to engage customers and prospects across email, mobile, web, and advertising
- Einstein GPT for Salesforce’s Slack apps: Deliver AI-powered customer insights in Slack like smart summaries of sales opportunities and surface end users actions like updating knowledge articles.
- Einstein GPT for Developers: Improve developer productivity with Salesforce Research’s proprietary Large Language Model by using an AI chat assistant to generate code and ask questions for languages like Apex.
ChatGPT for Slack, built by OpenAI: In addition, Salesforce and OpenAI are announcing the ChatGPT for Slack app. This app provides new AI-powered conversation summaries, research tools to learn about any topic, and writing assistance to quickly draft messages.