E Mega Mart is the online shopping platform for exclusive fashion trends. It brings an assortment of beauty and fashion products at a very cost-effective price. The platform is selling the best products for dry skin, oily skin, combination skin, sensitive skin, anti-aging, skin lightening, and hair care since 13th July 2015. Mrs. Bhavini Ilesh Khakhkhar is the founder of E Mega Mart.
She is also the co-founder and co-director of ETHICARE, a company famous for producing the finest skin-care products. We are publishing an exclusive interview with her:
Q.: Please Tell Us About The Unique Selling Points Of Your Products
Ans: Our USP is summed up in our tagline – ‘E Mega Mart – A World of Beautiful Possibilities’ – From the widest selection of genuine beauty products from around the world to beauty advice, EMM is truly passionate about catering to every beauty and wellness need. Because after all, we open the doors to a world of beautiful possibilities for our customers.
We believe that our clients deserve nothing but the finest, unadulterated, most reliable beauty and wellness products money can buy. We always strive to set the benchmark in product quality control so that our customers are assured of receiving only 100% genuine and authentic products. Unlike other online companies, we never compromise on quality and this honesty extends to all aspects of how we run our business.
Q.: List all the names of the core Team Members, along with their Designated Roles – How you see them evolving over time. What would be each of their Skill Sets? – Elaborate also if any of the team members has a specific domain expertise.
Ans: Sure. Here are their details:
- Mr. Mitesh Goswami (Administrative Officer): Mr. Mitesh is responsible to provide administrative support to the organization. His duties include inventory management, organizing company records, roster scheduling, budget and office reporting, invoicing, and customer service. He shows a strong understanding of business management and industry knowledge to help the marketing and business development of the company.
- Mr. Gaurav Dhruve (Marketing Head): Mr. Gaurav has been with EMM for 4 years. He is the Chief Marketing Officer, leading product and corporate marketing, demand generation, and communications initiatives. He is a design-driven and technology-focused marketing strategist with rich experience in brand strategy and digital marketing. He is responsible for crafting strategies for all Marketing teams, including Digital, Advertising, Communications, and Creatives. He leads the team in preparing and managing monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department.
- Ms. Krupa Balani (Content Strategist & Creator): As a content strategist, Ms. Krupa uses her strategic and creative skills to refine, enhance, and drive brand awareness, and promote the brand. She helps in creating content that engages users, increases customer loyalty, generates leads, and measures brand awareness. She works with cross-functional teams to establish and articulate internal and external key messages, and ensure that content is ranged to deliver stories that are aligned with business goals.
- Ms. Pallavi Rathod (Social Media Manager): Ms. Pallavi is a passionate and creative team member who is responsible for developing and implementing a Social Media strategy to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and sales efforts. She works closely with the Marketing and Sales departments to generate the best strategies to enhance our digital presence.
- Mr. Arjun Desai (Graphic Designer & Video Editor): Mr. Arjun combines art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of websites and printed pages. He uses a variety of design elements to achieve artistic or decorative effects. He develops the overall layout and production design for applications such as advertisements, brochures, magazines, newsletters, and reports.
- Mr. Minesh Solanki(Operation Manager): Mr. Minesh oversees operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while looking for opportunities for improvement or revision. He also anticipates and tracks operational and tactical risks and providing strategic solutions and manages the day to day business of the operations department while balancing the responsibilities of various business lines such as business analysis, vendor, and risk management.
- Mr. Navghan Satiya (Warehouse Manager): As a warehouse manager, Mr. Navghan oversees the efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of all EMM goods. He is responsible for a vital part of the supply chain process, managing people, processes, and systems to ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately, and that productivity targets are met.
- Mr. Vivek Rathod (Back Office Assistant): Mr. Vivek provides support with daily administrative tasks in the company. His typical responsibilities include sorting the correspondence, implementing and optimizing procedures, maintaining calendars, scheduling appointments, ordering supplies, and collaborating with other departments. His skills consist of administrative abilities, problem-solving, multitasking, attention to detail, knowledge of office equipment, time management, and computer competences.
Q.: As the managing director of EMM, how do you look at your team?
Ans: Leading by example, I have a team of self-driven and self-motivated squad, working sincerely without any outside monitoring. This gives me my creative time to explore new ideas and novel concepts that propel our growth in the right direction.
We, as a team working for the Ethicare Group of Companies, are eternally grateful, happy, and ever-evolving, and we are determined to make a difference – to help elevate each person who is associated with us, to make their lives better and beautiful.
Q.: Can You Share The Vision, Mission, And Value Statement Of Emm?
- EMM VALUES: Our core values define who we are and how we do business. These are the beliefs by which we guide our actions, set direction, and plan for our future every day.
- CARE DRIVEN: We nurture a culture of providing evidence, a sense of detail, & strict safety requirements.
- INNOVATIVE: All our innovations are guided by the rule of transforming science into a marketable product.
- EVOLVING: Our competitive advantage is the speed with which we interpret our scientific, technical, & commercial expertise into products that meet the expectations of our customers.
- HONEST: We sell trust. We make no compromise on integrity and honesty, and maintain the highest ethical standards in everything we do.
- CUSTOMER CENTRIC: We develop relationships that make a positive difference in our customers’ lives.
- EMM VISION: To be recognised as the most influential company striking a perfect balance between beauty and well-being.
- EMM MISSION STATEMENT: To advance our knowledge in all beauty products, create exceptional products, and educate and give back to society.
Q.: What Does Being A Successful Woman In Business Mean To You?
Ans: Being a successful woman in business means different things to different people at different times in their lives. When I was young, I evaluated this solely on making a name for my company. In my thirties, things changed immensely when I had my son. Then being successful in business meant providing stability for my son, while taking my company forward as the finest in beauty products. In my forties, things changed again. Today being a successful woman in business means making time for my family, friends, and myself, while creating value at work. By finally incorporating my passion into my day-to-day, I am beginning to be truly successful in business and life.
Today, success for me is a matter of defying expectations, overcoming the odds, and creating opportunities to succeed where they might not otherwise exist.
Q.: What Is Your Word Of Advice To The New Startup Founders?
Ans: My advice to all startup founders – Solve a real problem that creates real value in the world. Focus on the problem, find a solution, create value – and this will automatically trigger a profit chain of events. Also, be strategic and find a competitive advantage. Having the first-mover advantage is over-rated. It’s more important to have an idea BEST than have it FIRST. There is always room for disruption. Constantly better yourself to stay ahead of the game.
Q.: Share your success figures. What is your next milestone?
Ans: The current turnover of EMM is around 6+ crores. Besides having our own website for our products, our goods are listed on Amazon, Flipkart, Shopclues, Snapdeal, Paytm, and Seniority. We have 25k+ happy and satisfied customers – and this number keeps growing.
Our next milestone: To become the one-stop beauty and wellness destination that gives you access to a comprehensive range of Health, Wellness, Homecare, Skincare, Haircare, Personal Grooming, Fragrances, and Makeup products. We are working towards making your shopping experience a seamless and pleasant one by offering exclusive and exciting deals.
Q.: What are that one mistake that you would want the new startup founders to avoid?
Ans: My first and only mistake that you need to learn from – NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF SYSTEMATIC BOOK-KEEPING. Many startup founders begin without a bookkeeping process in place. Great bookkeeping habits help you make smarter business decisions, spot opportunities early on, and head off problems before they become unmanageable. Understanding your financials helps you to keep a pulse on your business’s financial health. Good bookkeeping practices also ensure that you’re on top of issues like tax and insurance payments that can get otherwise great businesses into trouble.
Q.: who is your biggest competition? How are you dealing with your competition?
Ans: Your biggest competitor should always be yourself. SELF MOTIVATION IS THE KEY. You won’t be successful without it. Never demotivate yourself by comparing yourself to anyone. It’s irrelevant. Your only competitor is your previous self and that is the only person you should always try to beat. Don’t worry or be jealous – don’t waste time chasing after success or comparing yourself to others. Every flower blooms at a different pace.
Q.: What is one message that you would like to give all your supporters?
Ans: It never ceases to amaze me how much time people waste searching endlessly for magic shortcuts to entrepreneurial success and fulfillment when the only real path is staring them right in the face: real entrepreneurs who start real businesses that employ real people who provide real products and services to real customers.
Yes, I know that’s hard. It’s a lot of work. What can I say – That’s life! Besides, look on the bright side: You get to do what you want and you get to do it your way. There’s just one catch. You’ve got to start somewhere. Ideas and opportunities don’t just materialize out of thin air.
The only way I know to get started is by learning a marketable skill and getting to work. In my experience, that’s where the ideas, opportunities, partners, and finances always seem to come from. Sure, it also takes an enormous amount of hard work, but that just comes with the territory.