iXceed Solutions is a leading Talent and Workforce Solutions service provider to Fortune 500 companies globally focussing on Technology, IT Consulting, Engineering Consulting domains. iXceed has been functioning as one of the leading end-to-end recruitment solutions Internationally(UK), now operational in the Indian market. iXCEED uses an efficient and robust process to develop solutions in the recruitment space. The facilities are primarily tech skill-based, and customer satisfaction is always based on the best fit for the industry. iXceed expanded India operations early last year (2018) when Ms. Yogita Tulsiani took baton. It had been functional in Europe for last few years.
About the founders
Yogita Tulsiani has more than a decade of experience in the Business Development and Consulting across various industries in UK, Europe, Americas and APAC. Having worked in leadership positions at top tier organizations across the globe, she brings a wealth of experience to capitalize on long-term growth opportunities and align the company’s sales and support organizations with key clients. Yogita co-founded iXceed with Pawan, who is an IIT Delhi alumnus and an industry veteran. They spotted a big gap in the talent market and there were inefficiencies which were causing huge pains to the growing businesses specially global businesses from India which wanted to expand in the European market. So wethey wanted to build a scalable ecosystem through which we could alleviate this pain area for our clients. She wanted to give my best to Indian economy so that it could have foothold in the European market. Today when she sees back she feels happy that their organization is helping top 10 Indian technology businesses expand in European markets. Pawan now provides consulting services to ixceed since he had founded an AI based startup few years back.
We are publishing an interview with Ms. Yogita Tulsiani, DIRECTOR & CO-FOUNDER, Ixceed Solutions:
Q.: What is the problem Ixceed trying to solve? Please share with us any insights that led Ixceed to believe that this is a big enough problem?
Ans: Technology is reshaping the economy since major players in every industry bank heavily on technology for not only automation but also to introduce process efficiencies and create innovations. We (ixceed) saw a huge gap in the technology skill market. People were not getting the right jobs as per their skillset and ability. There is never ending demand for talent. We provide cost effective talent solutions of a high qualityby connecting talent with global opportunities. We (ixceed) wanted to create valuable relationships for clients and candidates by providing efficient talent solutions.
Q.: List all the names of the core Team Members, along with their Designated Roles.
Ans: Sure. they are:
• Yogita Tulsiani, Co-founder & Director
• Ritesh Yadav, Account Manager
• Nitin Sharma, Account Manager
• Arun Kumar, Account Manager
• Mohini, H R Manager
They have been evolving as professionals ever since they joined iXceed. Some of them started their stint with us as recruiter / Junior recruiter but very soon they started handling client and account and got promoted quickly. Training and development are in integral part of any employees growth. At iXceed we pay a lot of emphasis on training and invest heavily into training our employees to enhance their skillsets so that they can mature as professionals.
Q.: Tell us about the Product / Solution. How did you get your first customer?
Ans: At iXceed, we have 4 main service lines:
- Recruitment Services: iXceed provides end to end recruitment services to its clients (from sourcing relevant profiles to coordinating with the candidates to a successful closure of the role). We work hand in glove, like an extension of your own team without adding any additional headcount. Our Cost effective RPO model allows you to focus on your core skills and leave the rest to us:
A. Talent Sourcing
B. Back office support
C. End to end recruitment service
D. Vendor management
- Staff Augmentation: iXceed has been operating in the European market for more than a decade in technology domain and has wealth of experience in staffing key skills like Digital Technologies, SAP, Front-End Technology stack or Infrastructure Technology. As gig-economy is becoming prevalent, iXceed team is well equipped to manage critical staffing requirements in a fast evolving talent market.
- Virtual Employee: iXceed provides skilled resources at the fraction of the cost in offshore locations in India, Philippines or Poland. This is a collaborative workforce available for startup organisations or scale-ups that want flexibility to build technology solution quickly and at a reduced cost. Through this, the clients are able to reduce the overheads of hiring talent which results in efficient output at high profitability.
- Platform Development: iXceed has domain expertise in build technology solutions, product engineering and enterprise applications. We work with highest level of partnerships with product companies, application development firms to create solutions for the customers across all verticals. We are a team with over 30 years of experience in serving global clients with our advisory, consulting, execution, program management and support services.
How did you get first customer – A multinational technology services organization had recently won a deal with one of the largest banking clients in the world . As part of this deal, there was an urgent need for ‘Summit technology ‘resources to support an ongoing project. Summit is a niche skill. This coupled with competitive pricing and urgency to ramp up , made it an altogether mammoth task. We had been knocking the doors of this client for sometime and they committed to us for partnership only if we assisted them with this particularly tough ramp-up. We channelized all our efforts in the direction of making this happen. Formulated innovative sourcing strategies, put to action all the negotiation skills we had learnt in our MBA lessons and finally did it. Our client bagged this deal and we won our first client.
Q.: What is your USP? What is the insight that you have about this market, which no one else has? Uniqueness about Ixceed.
Ans: The USP of ixceed is that we are using technology led talent solutions using AI/ ML. We have a very robust and efficient process for talent solutions. These processes help us in building best practices across various geographies (Europe, US , Asia). A we operate in tech talent, we can apprehend any demand from our clients and suggest how to get best talent.
Our RPO solution runs on robust processes resulting in key business outcomes for our clients. Despite leveraging offshore benefits we have a very strong local knowledge and compliance with law-of-the-land.
Q.: What were your assumptions when you entered the market, learning that you have? Who in your mind is your ideal customer? Do you have at least one of them signed up?
Ans: Sure. They are:
- Indian market is going through exciting phase and lot of expansion opportunities are there. Government is coming up with lucrative economic policies which will bring positive changes in the job sector. With UK going through Brexit there are a lot of collaborative opportunities for good talent from India.
- With UK work visas relaxed, there is ample scope for collaborative growth.
Ideal Customers – Global technology solution providers. High growth organizations who are looking to augment their teams. Yes, most of our clients are the global technology solutions organizations and organizations with very promising growth figures.
Q.: What has been your biggest failure as an entrepreneur and what did you learn from it??
Ans: Over promising and under delivery , I think was my biggest failure as an entrepreneur. In early days, when the struggle was to find the right client, there were occasions when we over committed on some aspects, to win the client but could not keep up with it. The key take away from this is that one should promise only what one can deliver. It doesn’t mean that boundaries should not be pushed. Definitely, status quo should be challenged, but over commitment and under delivery will only lead to long term loss of credibility and trust. Its important to gain the confidence of the client by delivering as per the commitment.
Q.: How are you pricing the Product? What is the logic behind it? What is the model you are following – Free / Freemium / Premium etc. ? Explain your thought process.
Ans: We are services organization. We do not sell product.
Q.: Please tell us about the investors (if any)
Ans: It’s a bootstrapped company.
Q.: Is there any interesting success story of your startup? If yes, please write about it. ?
Ans: iXceed Solutions is a leading Talent and Workforce Solutions service provider to Fortune 500 companies globally focusing on Technology, IT Consulting, Engineering Consulting domains. Our (Ixceed) unique approach has fueled incredible growth for our clients.
A success story – we helped a client win , multi million pound deal in European market. Following are the details:
|Business Challenge of the client||Our Client was working on a large solution which required expertise on the HR policies and market knowledge for eastern European law. The challenge was to bring a good candidate who could understand the eastern European local labour laws thoroughly. Also, the client required the candidate who can do bid defence and also give best insights in the rebadging procedures in the market.|
|Challenges faced in fulfilling this role||Client wanted to fill this position in 2 days as they were required to present the solution to the end client. Not having much presence in the east European market was a big challenge.|
|What is unique and challenging about this closure||Having knowledge of the European labour laws. Quick turnaround of 3 good candidates within 2 hours. And agreeing with the candidates on the commercials.|
Q.: Since inception, give us a sense of the value of business done by your venture? Please explain in detail.
Ans: The company has a 40% growth currently with over £5M revenue. IXCEED has a business plan to achieve 200% incremental growth in the next year by introducing more service lines and increasing the size and diversity of client portfolio.
- The idea is toIncrease the size of the overall pie to create more opportunities for the youth.
- We have doubled the revenue since last year. Number of consultants placed has grown by 200%. We have doubled the team size and added many new clients to our portfolio. In last one year (since I took over) we have laid the foundation in terms of People, Processes and Policies so that we can attain sustainable growth in the coming years.
Q. : What is the big picture of Ixceed? Is this Product/service leading to something bigger? If so, how?
Ans: Ixceed has reinforcedit’s position as a European recruitment service provider in the digital transformation talent market. Ixceed is continuously innovating ways to make their processes robust using cutting edge technology and toolsets that will help them serve their clients better and faster. Ixceed’s Artificial Intelligence based recruitment solutions create best-in-class experience for both their clients and candidates.
We feel that our processes, methodologies and the use of cutting edge technology will revolutionize the way recruitment is being done. It will bring about fundamental changes in the recruitment industry. We feel that the recruitment companies of tomorrow will actually be technology companies that do recruitment. We acknowledge of the need for – and a concerted investment in – innovation. We invest in practical innovations – from pursuing private equity backing to embracing emotional intelligence as a business strategy – to take our organization to the next level, with huge degrees of success.
Q.: What would be your goal to accomplish in the next six months? Any other information you would like to share?
Ans: Ixceed’s mission is to connect world-class talent with global companies in ways that make work incredibly meaningful, valuable and beneficial for everyone. IXCEED has a business plan to achieve 200% incremental growth in the next six months.
Q.: What message do you want to convey to fellow entrepreneurs?
Ans: Push boundaries everyday . Never stop learning , knowledge is power. The destination (the final goal) is very important but the journey is no less important. So enjoy every day of this journey.
Thanks Yogita. Best wishes!