We are publishing an interview of Mr. Manikanta Kona, CEO, Digital Lync Technologies.
About the founders
Mr. Manikanta Kona, a graduate from Purdue University worked with Salesforce as a senior Architect. He returned to India with a vision to bring in all the cutting edge technologies on one platform, to make it available for anyone who has a passion to innovate and create technology trends. With this as the foundation, he started Digital Lync Technologies which houses a development center, and an academy.
Q.: What is the problem you are trying to solve? Can you share with us any insights that led you to believe that this is a big enough problem?
More than a problem, it’s a challenge that young qualified professionals face. It’s the ever changing technology trends. Technological innovation excites some but for some, it’s a challenge. Automation in every sector is making our lives easier but is it solving the job crisis?
The only way to solve this crisis is to stand up to the challenge and stay one step higher.
Here, at Digital Lync we empower young professionals to scale four levels high and to working professionals, to upskill.
We are at a time when at the drop of a hat, organizations at crisis lay off their employees. Complacency from top down can be one of the factors for job loss. Innovation is one key element that keep organizations alive. At Digital Lync, we address this crisis of complacency. We drive individuals to raise their bar up high.
At the outset, the most encouraging news in the industry is that there is demand for skilled individuals who are keen to learn and innovate. Organizations are not willing to compromise with their hiring process. Individuals who keep raising their bar every single day get to survive.
Q.: Tell us about the Product / Solution. Explain how you went about the Product-Market Fit Process.
Ans: Digital Lync Technologies is an advanced Technology hub. We have a bunch of technology geeks on the mission to innovate. We are working towards creating wonders in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
At the academy, all our programs are aimed at upskilling individuals to better perform at their work places. This instills job security as well as makes their organizations grow. There is no doubt that an organization’s growth depends on the performance of each individual. We have 40% of students who are working professionals who come here to upskill.
Q.: What were your assumptions when you entered the market, learnings that you have? Who in your mind is your ideal customer? Do you have atleast one of them signed up?
Ans: Well, in fact, I believe that there is little you can do with assumptions. The reality is that we are a hard working set of people but availability of the right resources is scarce. I’ve determined that bringing world-class cutting edge technology available to the Indian market is the right decision. We make this available to all classes of the society.
Our Target audiences and our approach:
- Through Digital Lync Corporate, we engage with companies in a mutually beneficial partnership where we focus upskilling of individuals on the new age technology at our state-of-the-art-facilities centre in the Greater Hyderabad region. the -in the focus of the collaboration is providing training on new age technical courses in our state-of-the-art facilities.
- Digtal Lync Collab, a venture set up for college students as incubators to provide students an opportunity to shape their careers at a budding stage. This provides them an opportunity to learn from experts about the current trends in technology and what it takes to achieve big dreams. Apparently, we have seen that students are keen to shape their careers with us.
- Digital Lync views education as an individual’s right, hence DL Tech Pro is a social outreach program to bridge the gap between Aspiration and Opportunities.
- As we step further with trainings, the upcoming venture under Digital Lync is JOSU which stands as a platform for students and recruiters to unite under one roof. Students will be benefited in identifying the job role while the recruiter can at the same time scout the best talent.
- We have almost 300 students signed up with us for advanced courses already.
Q.: How are you pricing the Product? Explain your thought process.
Ans: Our course fee is Digital lync advantage which primarily focuses on our infrastructure, training methodology, on course and post course guidance & placement boost.
Q.: How did you get your first customer?
Ans: Through word of mouth
Q.: What is the big picture of your startup? Is this Product leading to something bigger? If so, how?
Ans: Revolutionize education and upskill students and professionals for brighter career prospects.
Q. : What is the insight that you have about this market, which no one else has? Uniqueness about your Startup.
Ans: Based on research on emerging trends in Technological domain, Upskilling is the best option for every individual to survive the epidemic of layoffs in IT sphere.
Our uniqueness lies in our method of curriculum and course structure. Digital Lync is an all-inclusive umbrella which has advanced courses both in technical and Non-technical genre.
Q.: Who do You Perceive as Your Competition?
Ans: Udacity, Udemy etc..
Q. : What would be your goal to accomplish in the next six months?
Ans: Hyderabad’s No. 1 Social Entrepreneurship Platform for Education.
Q.: What message do you want to convey to fellow entrepreneurs?
Ans: The scope for growth is immense when the focus is on empowering and providing opportunities to India’s ever burgeoning population.
Thanks Mr. Kona. Best of luck!