Bengaluru, 4th October 2019: Digit Insurance, the new age general insurance company that wants to make insurance simple, has announced additional mobile insurance covers for the newly launched mobiles to help consumers protect new models that they are purchasing during the festive season sales on e-commerce platforms. Digit aims to bring affordable and relevant insurance solutions in a country with one of the highest numbers of smartphone users and one of the fastest-growing smartphone markets in the world.
The premium which starts from INR 200 covers mobile insurance from over 14 mobile phone brands including Xiaomi, Samsung, Google, OnePlus, Motorola amongst many more and covers around 200 mobile phone models including best sellers such as Samsung Galaxy S10 series, Google Pixel series and OnePlus 7 Series.
Digit offers coverage for new as well as old and used mobile screens with premiums starting from as low as the cost of a screen guard. The mobile insurance policy which is available worldwide covers screen damages due to accidental or liquid damages which are the most common forms of damage on a smartphone. Furthermore, customers have the option to choose either a six months mobile insurance policy or 12 months.
On the smartphone sales, Jasleen Kohli, Chief Distribution Officer, Digit Insurance, said, “According to the recent data by International Data Corp’s (IDC) Asia-Pacific Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker, Indian smartphone market saw the highest-ever second quarter (April-June) shipment, registering 9.9% annual increase and 14.8% sequential growth. With the festive season sales on different ecommerce platforms, the market is expected to grow further and high-end phones will become more affordable and accessible to different markets.”
Stating the awareness of mobile insurance, she continued, “Damage to the screen is one the most common forms of damages to a smartphone. Most consumers realise the need for insurance only post purchase of the phone. With our affordable insurance solutions, smartphone users can now use their phone without worrying about damaging the screen of their device, while purchasing or after, securing their most valued possession.”
The coverage is linked to the IMEI number and the device is covered no matter where you are or who uses it. Customers can also have the option to choose coverage either for six-months or for twelve-months.
Mobile Insurance Prices for some new product launches:
The mobile insurance policy can be bought in only three steps.
- Step 1: A Quick Screen Test of the Phone: Interested customers should download Digit Insurance’s newly-launched mobile app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. It is to check if there is any internal damage on the mobile screen.
- Step 2: An External Video Check: Customers will be asked to shoot and upload a video of the phone that they wish to insure using the link that will be sent to their alternate mobile number. It will allow Digit to check for any external damage to the phone to be insured.
- Step 3: Complete Payment Process: Once Step 1 and Step 2 are completed, customers can make the required payment for the plan chosen. The plan will be instantly be activated. The mobile insurance can be claimed in just three steps.
- Step 1: Drop a call at 1800‑258‑5956 within 48 hours of the damage.
- Step 2: Digit will assess the mobile phone using an app.
- Step 3: Once the claim is approved online, the customer can get their phone repaired at any service centre within 7 days of approval. Once done, they can just share a video of the repaired phone and the bills with Digit. Digit will require the GST invoice of the repaired phone from the service centre.
- Step 4: Digit will reimburse the required amount up to the Sum Insured. If the bill amount is more than or equal to your Sum Insured, they offer the entire Sum Insured. However, if the bill amount is less than the Sum Insured, they give you the amount on the bill.