Kloh helps local people to find and book high-quality offbeat experiences near them. These experiences are crafted by local experts across food, travel, social, sports, dance and music domain in such a way that you can be assured to have a good time and meet new people. People may not travel outside the city every weekend, but with Kloh, they have an interesting way (and a cheaper way) to spend their free time in the city, apart from pubbing and movies. Offbeat experiences has a huge scope in the Indian markets since people now have time and money are more open to trying new things. Kloh Internet Pvt Ltd was founded on 7th April 2017 by Ms. Nitya Tiwari, founder & CEO – Ex-Flipkart | IIIT – Hyderabad 2013 Computer Science Graduate. We are publishing an interview with her:
Q.: List all the names of the core Team Members, along with their Designated Roles.
- Pankaj is the main Tech Guy – a true hustler. He thoroughly enjoys working in a startup culture especially in war-like situations. (Gave me a teacher’s day gift too :P). He is only 24 but handles the entire backend, Android and React. He is my star employee.
- Shashank heads Business and Operations, ex-founder of an art startup himself and brings his experience of 9 yrs in Business, he just gets things done. With his network of the right people, he onboarded the 30+ new experiences just last month.
Q.: What is your USP?
Ans: Value Proposition/USP/ Key Differentiators:
- Promoting offline meetups.
- Curing experiences for individuals/groups/couples
- Exclusive premium experiences that are hosted at immersive locations.
- Hosts that are friendly
- Specially curated private events/activities/experiences.
Q.: What were your assumptions when you entered the market, learning that you have? Who in your mind is your ideal customer? Do you have at least one of them signed up?
Ans: Kloh hosts only the highest-quality activities with super happy experts at the perfect ambiance to ensure the best experiences for every activity. Be it horse-riding, bike trips, salsa nights or secrets concerts, all of them are amazing experiences.
People want to go out and do something. To solve the problem of “going out” currently, people travel outside the city or go out to pubs, movies comedy nights.
Most people look also at popular event listing websites and do not find anything interesting. For traveling, they use travel & trek packages.
People bring their tinder dates on Kloh Experiences, that’s trust.
Our Happy Kloh Moments here: https://go.kloh.in/checkmeout
Q.: What has been your biggest failure as an entrepreneur and what did you learn from it??
Ans: Focussing on marketing is important. We need to work on that.
Q.: How are you pricing the Product? What is the logic behind it? What is the model you are following – Free / Freemium / Premium etc. ? Explain your thought process.
Ans: Commission based model for every transaction.
Q.: Is there any interesting success story of your startup? If yes, please write about it. ?
- We have 5,500+ transactions.
- Top 10 customers have attended 30+ Kloh experiences and highest being 62 for Yugeet Adlakha.
- Mafia Game Nights is the most popular experience with 1000+ customers alone
- 40,000 signups – zero spend on marketing
- Look at our happy customers here: https://go.kloh.in/checkmeout
Q.: Since inception, give us a sense of the value of business done by your venture? Please explain in detail. (e.g., What is the current turnover? From Launching till date total no. of visitors on website/persons registered/enquiries and enrollment etc.)
Ans: Signups – 40,000 | Transactions: 5500 | Events : 450 | Monthly Active USer : 3500 | Repeat :40%
Q.: What is the big picture of your startup? Is this Product/service leading to something bigger? If so, how?
Ans: Platform for travel and local experiences.
Q.: Who do You Perceive as Your Competition? How do you differentiate yourself with them?
Ans: Airbnb Experience is a big player and has a similar domain of weekend getaways but their main target audience is travelers. Our branding resonates to the locals more.
Travel websites like Oyo, MakeMyTrip are soon launching their local experiences which would be interesting to note given their audience is just travelers.
HouseParties startup, myscoot.in (YC W19) is in a similar domain but they are currently limited to house parties only.
Event listing platforms like BookMyShow, Eventshigh, Insider are great event aggregators so they have large volumes of events and better SEO. They make money on big events, registrations and numbers game.
Q.: What would be your goal to accomplish in the next six months? Any other information you would like to share?
Ans: Couple Experiences | Expand to 5 cities – Pondicherry, Goa, Gokarna, Kodaikanal and Varkala.
Q.: What message do you want to convey to fellow entrepreneurs?
Ans: Listen to your customers. Always keep experimenting and try new things.